It has been brought to my attention that many people do not know or appreciate the struggles of the Hmong here in the US. The talk of dismissing refugees and immigrants have pushed me to want to share our story.
Can you please help me?
What I would need:
1) Pictures or videos from when you were a refugee
2) Written words, if you cannot write but are willing to talk, I would love to capture you on camera or just record your voice if you do not want to be seen on tape
1) What you can recall about being in Laos or Thailand
2) Escaping the war, crossing the river, living in refugee camps
3) Flying to the USA and assimilating into the culture
You can choose any one or multiple of the topics.
If you are interested, I will send over a list of questions. If you know anyone else who is interested in also participating that would be great.
We cannot lose who we were. This is one way to preserve our voice.
Submit your stories to [hmong . stories @ tigerbytestudios . com] (no spaces) to see your story on this page!